Tuesday, December 11, 2007

A little gift for my younger son.


pillow1
Originally uploaded by Muhv
Beside needles and hooks I own a sewing machine too. In the past I loved to sew and did it almost as much as I knitted. But it seems that me getting older is also me getting more lazy- although the machine is on the sewing table all the time, it's only job seems to be to get coverd with dust.
Every now or then I still have to use it and now was the time. In the day-care center wher my son goes they decided that children should get fun pillows as pre-christmas gifts. I made one with a car for my boy, since he is a big fan of cars (what boy isn't, right). The car is applicated by hand, the tires are crocheted and the pillowcase itself sewn by machine. It was a fun to make it, even though I had to do it at night, so that little A. wouldn't catch me. It had to be a secret!

No comments: