Saturday, April 19, 2008

Pullover

I've finished, at last, a cabled cuff to cuff pullover for myself. We have a KAL in Isetegiga-forum. Others have finished their's a while ago, while I was searcing for the right yarn in right color. I often imagine some very certain color in my mind and of cource have then difficulties to find such in yarn stores. Or if I find a nice color, I don't like the yarn itself. Luckily my friend Tiina (Lola69 in Ravelry) pointed at Rowan's Silk Wool one day and I fell in love with the yarn itself and the colorway bramble as well. This is the first time for me to knit in Rowan yarn, cause we don't have much of it in our LYS and well, its rather expensive too for us. But I desided to give it a try and I must say, I loved it. So soft and silky like no yarn I've used before. Now I'll can't wait to see how it behaves when wearing and washing the garnment. Hopefully I don't have to dissapoint.

lilla8

The pullover itself is inspired by a Gianfranco Ferre's pullover, the pattern I used is from a German magazine Für Sie.
Yarn: Rowan Silk Wool DK 50g=100m (109yd); almost 9 skeins for size M
Needles: 3.5mm bamboo circulars, 3.00mm in collar and cuff ribs.

For the first time I did a tubular bind off for 2x2 ribbing on cuffs and I like the result a lot.


lilla1


Definitely will use tubular casting on and off in the future. The body ribbing is knit from up to down in rounds and also bind off in tubular way. The collar is knit from side to side, using 4 stitches cables on both sides and knit to the neckline while knitting on. This is how I did it:

lilla2


I'm very pleased with the result and althoug it's spring and days are becoming warmer and warmer, the pullover will be used a lot when cold weather comes back!

Take a look at the gallery of those pullovers knit by Estonian knitters HERE

Eesti keeles loe siit.

3 comments:

MARRE said...

niiii ilus! Ja noh, arvestades ilma, jätkuvalt asjakohane :)

Pinneguri said...

That's great how one jumper can look so different on different poeple and knitted in different yarn. Almost scary :)

Muhv said...

Ann, yes, in Ravelry I also admire how different do things look knit after the same pattern. Thank god, cause which woman would want to look like any other :D